lpwn.bs... .
quizzes | mapleroxjc | blogshop
twitter | flickr | habbo | facebook | plurk
Live life to your fullest, as it should be.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
8:17 AM

The technologies


Diagram of social networking sites from http://api.ning.com/

In the series of trying ever so desperately to procrastinate from facing the dumb truth: Exams are here ;o, I shall do another one of those amateur-ish blog posts.

We shall go in chronological order of when I first started using it:

Windows Live Messenger / MSN

Longest lasting and by-far the most successful social-networking platform. Had emails such as: nick_rulz_forever@hotmail.com and jeremychia@live.com.sg. Also the more recent jc@chill.la. Great way to communicate with friends. It's "ALMOST" real time! ;o

Friendster

Full of bugs. More of, preceded in popularity by Facebook. Used to experience many, many and countless bugs on that client. Now Friendster is desperately trying to pull its act together to save itself from bankruptcy.

Facebook

The much better and improved version of Friendster, I'd say. Seen it change many ways, sometimes integration into the new template was confusing. But, well, I managed to make my way though.

Kudos to that magnificent Harvard dropout, you did the world a great favour.

Twitter

2nd popular behind Facebook, I think, gains much popularity from the users.




Well, time to go back to reality.
See you.

-jc; mapleroxjc
# comments